FACILITIES / RESOURCES
Metal & Steel Factory has a regular training programmes for Officers, Staff and Workmen for acquainting them with technology and latest developments in various disciplines. Officers and Staff are generally imparted training through National Academy of Defence Production, Ambajhari and other professional Institutions like NITIE, Mumbai, ASCI, Hyderabad, IAT Pune, IIMs, NPC and RTIs. Several schemes are in hand for proper updating of latest Technical, Administrative, IT and Environmental trends to enable the Employees to keep abreast of Modern Development in their respective areas.
Keeping in view the VISION & MISSION Statements of Ordnance Factory Board various training programmes have been taken up for developing knowledge base in personnel at all levels.
TRAINING OF IEs
The Factory Training Institution (FTI) can provide accommodation to over 35 participants at a time. The Institution has a lecture hall with video projection facility on full size screen. A well-stocked library of technical, scientific and general books is another facility available at the training center.
A special drive has been made for creating awareness amongst 100% Skilled Workmen during the existing Calendar year 2004-05 regarding the Core-Competency in the area of their work.A special training module has been approved by the Chairman, O.F. Board, (vide OFB letter dated 20-01-2005) and the IEs are being trained as per the respective training module.
The following are the course modules for training of IEs at in-house training institute (FTI).
1. Manufacturing of various types of Steel through Conventional and secondary refining processes viz. EAF, LFVD, ESR with special emphasis on Quality Awareness related to Rejection, Cost Awareness, Safety measures.
2. Manufacturing of Brass Ingots, Rods, Tubes, Wires by Extrusion, Cold Rolling &Drawing.
3. Manufacturing of Barrels & various Ordnance Items through Forging.
4. Manufacturing of Steel Bars, Rods, Flats through Hot-Rolling & Forging.
5. Manufacturing of Ammunition Box & small Forgings.
6. Manufacturing of Ferrous & Non-Ferrous Castings and Pressure Die-Castings.
7. Manufacturing of Steel Cartridge Cases & Brass Pressings.
8. Programme on First -Aid, Fire-Fighting, Safety & Occupational Hazards.
9. First Aid Training.
10. Sub Station Maintenance.
11. Maintenance of Plant & Machinery.
12. Maintenance of Resistance Heating Furnaces.
13. Maintenance of PLC Control Machines.
14. Overhauling & Rewinding of Motors and welding sets.
15. Electrical Maintenance of Induction Heaters.
16. Awareness Course on Fire-Fighting.
17. EDM Wire cutting Machines, Grinding, Profile Projector
18. Production in CNC Machines
TRAINING FOR GROUP 'B' & 'C' (JWMs/NGOs/ NIEs)
NIEs/NGOs/JWMs are being trained in the following course at in-house ( FTI)/ OFILs & External Institutes:
1. Fundamentals of Computers, Windows, MS Word, MS Access, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint.
2. Basic Metallurgy for non Metallurgical persons
3. Melting & Casting of Ferrous & Non-Ferrous Metals : with special emphasis onproduction of ultra clean steel & continuous casting
4. Leadership and team building
5. SPC & SQC Technique
6. Communication skills
7. Work on 5S, Kaizen and TPM
8. Criteria of selection of Metals & Failure analysis
9. Internal Audit
10. Induction Training for DRCM-II
11. ISO 14000 & EMS
12. Shell and Cartridge Case Production & Ammunition Hardware
13. Surface and selective Heat Treatment
14. Industrial Safety
15. On line PPC Package
16. Basic course in Fire-Fighting
17. Electrical Maintenance of Plants & Resistance Heating Furnace
18. Electrical Safety
19. Labour Laws & Industrial Relation
20. Gauge Designing
21. Maintenance of CNC Machine
22. Working with Auto CAD
25. MDP for JWMs
26. Lead Auditor Course ISO-9001 : 2000
27. Material Management
28. Cutting Tool Design
29. Barrel Manufacturing Technique
30. Extrusion, Rolling, Forging with special emphasis on Radial Forging
31. Mechanical Testing of Metals
32. Modern Foundry Castings, Die-Casting, Investment Casting and Powder Metallurgy
33. Estimation & Evaluation Of Total Uncertainty In Measurement As Per NABL-141
34. Dimensional Metrology
35. Design & Manufacturing of Jigs, Fixtures and Gauges
36. Management Excellence for Global Player
37. Continuous Control Hydraulics
38. Quality of Work Life
39. General Requirements for the Competence of Testing & Calibration Laboratories and Internal Audit as per ISO/IEC 17025
TRAINING FOR GROUP 'A'
Group - A Officers are being trained in the following course at NADP & External Institutes:
2. Total Productive Maintenance
3. Ordnance Technology
4. Training For Trainers
5. Top Level Refresher Course
6. Financial & Cost Management
7. CNC Maintenance
8. General Awareness on OHSAS-18001
9. Administration & Establishment Rules
10. Lead Auditor Course ISO-14001:1996
11. Energy Management & Audit
12. Sr Level Refresher Course
13. Planning For Retirement & Life Style Management
14. CNC Technology
15. Six Sigma & TQM
16. SPC/SQC Techniques
17. Vigilance and Anti-Corruption Measures
18. Workshop on Civil Work Procedure
19. ERP & Material Management
20. Quality Management
21. Workshop on Creativity
22. Disaster Management & Fire Fighting
23. MDOs Conference
24. Course on Women Managers
25. Continuing Medical Education
26. Workshop on Safety
27. Orientation Course For AWMs
28. MDO For ALWC/DLWC
29. Lead Auditor Course ISO-9001 : 2000
MSF Library has a good collection of books, periodicals pertaining to diverse fields of Science & Technology, Management, Finance, Costing, Humanities, Natural Science, and Military Technology etc. There are over 5000 books and bound volumes of periodicals including foreign journals are also.